About NFG’s Batch: Network for Good provides donation processing services for external partners to submit batches of donations for disbursement to nonprofit organizations. Batch donation processing service allows partners to focus on their site objectives without worrying about the complexities related to donation disbursements.
Delivery Method(s): talk with your Account Manager to determine the best method based on your specific needs.
- SOAP-based web service
- Secure file transfer of an encrypted data file
Sending via Flat-file, here are some file formatting tips:
- Send separate files for each donation paytype (ex. Payroll, Matching, etc.), as the included fields/data will differ
- Payroll – The only batch paytype where the Donor Name equals an individual employee
- Matching – Regardless if we are talking about matching of employee donations, volunteer hours, grants, etc., in all of these use cases, keep in mind the following data suggestions:
- Donor Name should be the Company Name (who is making the donation to NFG-DAF)
- Designation/Dedication fields should always carry over from original donation (if applicable)
- Donor Visibility should be defaulted to ‘ProvideAll’
- Matching Fields should always be populated so that the recipient nonprofit can tie the matching donation back to the original donation in their CRM system
Disbursement Timeline and Key Dates:
- Network for Good disburses on the 15th of each month, for the prior months donations. Usually batch donations are offset by a month so the disbursement occurs ~ 45 days from the end of the month in which the actual donation/match was made.
- To ensure an on-time disbursement, here is an ideal schedule to follow…
- By the 10th of the month - - Partner sends batch file to NFG and works through any exceptions
- 11th of the month - - NFG sends Partner (or Sub-licensee) an invoice with 1 business day
- By the End of month - - Funding received (see below note re: funding)
- 15th of the next month - - Disbursement to nonprofits
- NFG MUST confirm receipt of funds by the last day of the month. Missing the deadline puts the disbursement in jeopardy of being delayed until the next monthly disbursement cycle.
- NFG highly recommends getting setup for payment via ACH vs. sending a paper check. Please coordinate with your Account Manager to get setup.
- If sending a paper check, please note that it can take up to 7-10 days for the check to actually clear, meaning we would need to have the check around the 15th – 20th of each month so that the funds are confirmed prior to the last day of the month.
How we help charities that receive your donations:
- Payment Notification:
- Checks are sent to the address that is listed in GuideStar’s database
- Charities can sign up for system generated donation notifications.
- Donation Tracking Report: networkforgood.org/donationtracking
- Charities can access information on their donors in real-time
- Data can be exported into a CSV file
- Receiving Funds via Direct Deposit: networkforgood.org/directdeposit
- We encourage charities to sign-up for direct deposit, also called electronic funds transfer (EFT) so that donations can be sent directly to your organization’s bank account
- It saves time, paper and trees